Thursday 10 February 2011

bourjois vs smashbox!

Hey guys. I know its been a while.. or has it? Erm, I cant really remember these days as Im so busy, but you know what I mean. Im gonna keep this one short and sweet, as I dont see the point of writing a long, imformative blog when no-ones gonna read it.

I havnt actually seen this product in the shops anywhere, but I've bought myself one from a website. Anyway, its the Bourjois Rose Exclusif lipgloss vs. Smashbox O-GLOSS. Lets kick things off with the French..

Bourjois. Classy, clever products that simplify beauty for the everyday woman. I used to use the foundations, and they were very good. But this lipgloss is something Ive seen before. Its not new. Smashbox did this about a year and a half ago, and Too-Faced did this about 2 years ago. Although, as residents of the UK, we dont have direct access to afroementioned cosmetic houses. Rose Exclusif is also a cheaper version of the latter two. YAY!

At £6.99 you cant really go wrong. If you're a fan of the flushed pink lips, then this is the gloss for you. Goes on clear then its turns to a bespoke pink! It reacts with the pH of your lips, with pH reactive pigments to turn the gloss a customiszed shade of pink. Everyones pH is different, so no-one will ever have the same colour gloss as you, that will also suit your skintone within 5 mintues! If thats not get-ready-quick-glam, I dont know what is. Its non sticky formula leaves you looking perfect on those windy days, and super shiny texture keeps you at your utmost beautiful. Packed full of anti-oxidents vitamin E & C and 8 hours moisture, its good for your lips too! Can be worn on bare lips, or with lip-colour. Apply genoursly!


Winner of STAR Magazine’s SuperSTAR Beauty Award for Best Lip Gloss, Smashbox have indeed 'smashed it' with this one. Slicks on as a clear gloss, then magically turns into a just bitten pink thats all your own! It develops quicker than Bourjois, and smells nicer too! O-GLOSS is packed with microcirculating Goji Berry-C Complex™ and ginkgo biloba, pomegranate seed antioxidants, revitalizing marine botanicals and moisturizing avocado oil for mega shine. I found this one was more shinier and wet-looking than Bourjois, and felt a little more luxe too! Smashbox also have a matching blusher that is also available for purchase called the O-GLOW. Based on the same principle, its a silicone feeling product that slides on clear, turning into a pink-flush blish colour. Like you've just got steamy with your personal trainer! I also liked that it made my favourite MAC pink lipstick (MAC ProLongwear in 'Overtime') alot pinkier, or I wore it alone for a natural English Rose look.


I tested both out over a two day period. I ate, drank, spoke, worked a 9-5 day and also went to the gym and went to a work/friend party with both. Here's my lipgloss diary:

DAY ONE:

No comments:

Post a Comment